Saturday, November 8, 2008

Debates on Hold

I have decided to put my debates about same-sex marriage on hold. I intent to do extensive research, collect data and the formulate a new opinion (or possibly stick with the same old one). Up to this point I have supported Prop 8 based on opinions of people I respect (namely my old room mate who is studying constitutional law and did his undergraduate work in Home and Family Living (HFL), and the LDS church). My religious beliefs and background bias me towards the "essentialist" mindset, but I will try and be as objective as possible. Thank you everyone who has helped up to this point in helping me understand the gravity of this topic.

1 comments:

Jake & Rachel said...

make sure you include the First Presidency messages on the topic in your research. They don't speak out often on political matters, but they did in regards to this.